So as predicted in the news there is a massive storm that is going to hit the UK on Monday. This has been mention on news channels, social networking and various other media outlets.
“Fail to prepare; prepare to fail”
I wonder how many stories we will get about those who have been stuck in cars or affected in some way by this storm when following the simple advice given has been ignored?
Like time and time again when severe weather hits a nation we complain and moan about everything has come to a standstill and we are held up by accidents and breakdowns on our roads.
So if you do venture out on Monday. Here are a few tips to ensure you have a hassle-free journey.
1. Check your car tomorrow (Sunday) not Monday morning. Check washer fluid. Make sure all the lights are working correctly. Make sure your car has enough petrol and oil.
2. Place a warm coat in your car. If you have a mobile make sure it’s fully charged on Sunday evening.
3. Leave the house 10/15 minutes early. If you arrive at your destination a bit earlier than you normally do it’s a positive thing anyway.
4. Listen to traffic news before you go. Tune your radio into a local station. They will provide updates.
5. Don’t use your mobile while driving and slow down if there are high winds.
6. Secure loose objects in the garden. Make sure shed doors and greenhouse windows are closed. The same goes for your house.
These are a few simple tips. It’s not an exhaustive list. If have your own tips leave them in the comments below.